Thursday, August 13, 2009

E's New Room

When we received our referral for Max, we had to do some furniture rearranging so we could get a room ready for him. We knew that Emily was going to move up to the larger queen bed from our guest room, so we gave her a choice of rooms. She ended up staying in her current room, but decided she wanted a more "grown-up" look....she *IS* almost a teenager after all! LOL :-) (yikes!)

Emily still wanted bright colors in her room, but only as "accents", so she chose a simple comforter in off-white. I surprised her with custom art with pics of herself for one wall. I had seen this cool photo site online, but couldn't afford their prices, so I just altered the pics myself and printed the pics at Wal-Mart. The 5x7 prints were only $.58 each and the frames w/mats were $5.00 each. I think it's a great look for a budget deal.
Emily made the other wall her "photo wall"...with pics of family/friends, along with a couple of pieces of her artwork. She also made her F4E canvas a focal point. The F4E name is what she and the other 3 girls from her China travel group have dubbed themselves (Friends 4 Ever). All of the girls have a banner like this in their rooms...so sweet that they have such a great connection. I was also happy that Emily didn't go *so* grown-up and decided to keep her trophy shelf for awhile longer. :-)

Anyway, here are shots of her room...before and after.

Before:
After:


3 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

What an awesome room!!

Wendy said...

I love it!!! What a great "grown-up" room! The pictures that you did are fabulous!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Wow... I am loving the room... it is awesome...
thank you also for dropping by... the last two days have been a little blah the closer we get the more blah and annoyed I get but I am not blaming anyone for anything... it is just one of those things in life you have no control over... so, just plod along...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...