Monday, March 7, 2011

Max's 4th Birthday Party

We had Max's 4th birthday party over the weekend.  Just a few family and friends...very low key (just the way I like it!).  The theme Max finally settled on was "cowboys", because he wanted to wear a hat.  :-)  The party was during lunch time, so we served cowboy-type food (BBQ pork sliders & baked beans). 



I bought little adhesive mustaches for the kids to wear, and made cardstock mustaches for the adults.  A little impromptu photo shoot with the mustaches was required.  :-)


The kids played several games of "There's a Snake in My Boot!"...every snake hitting the target won them a piece of candy.  Even the teenagers stepped up for a turn.


The cake was made by the King of Cakes (a teen boy from our church) who always does a great job.


 I decided to do something different for party favors...and made themed cookies.  I didn't have cookie cutters for the horse head and cowboy boot, so I made a template and cut them out with a knife.  Once I began decorating them I realized I didn't have the right colors on hand, so I did the best I could with what I had.  Overall though, I was pleased with the end result...and have plans for more cookies in the future. :-)  Thanks to my friend, Christina, for the inspiration to give these a try!

3 comments:

Glenda McMath said...

Lois - you are amazing and inspiring all the time! This is awesome!!!

Joy said...

Too cute! Katherine once had a cowgirl party and it was so much fun!

Wendy said...

So-oo cute!! We're having a Mustache Party for Oli's 4th, and I'm making felt elastic mustaches to wear, for each kiddo. All of the decor animals and such will also be wearing mustaches. ;) Love the pic of your family all decked out in yours!!

And great job on those cookies. That must've taken some time, and they turned out beautifully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...