Monday, February 18, 2008

Lunar New Year


So I'm late in posting photos, but since the Chinese New Year celebration lasts 15 days, I'm still ok...I think. :-) The local international families group had a CNY party, but we weren't able to make it this year. :-( We did, however, go to dinner with some friends on the first day of CNY. Our friend, Pam, gave each of the girls a red envelope with $10 in it. Allyson and Claire wore their Chinese dresses, but Emily didn't want to (she HATES wearing dreses). I didn't get any good pics of the girls inside the restaurant (forgot to turn on my flash - duh), and it was so cold when we left, that everyone ran to the car...so even the rushed shot of A & C is a bad one. Maybe I'll set up a backdrop and take some pics of the girls later this week. The elementary school was so great in doing an informational event for Chinese New Year. We were to bring the lion parade costume for the event, and another parent put together a powerpoint presentation. Unfortunately, we were out of school due to snow/ice on the date of the presentation...and it was moved to another date that I couldn't attend (had to take dh to the eye doctor in Springfield again). The assistant principal did tell me that both Allyson and Claire proudly got up on stage and marched around under the lion costume though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...