Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trip to India

Randy just returned home today from a business trip to India. The girls and I are happy to have him home again - safe and sound. :-) Before he left, I handed Randy the camera with strict instructions to take lots of photos. I had to laugh as I scrolled through the photos this afternoon. I was expecting lots of architecture and people shots....and while there *are* some, there are also some striking shots like this:

We all need these wonderful, linear shots of store shelving now don't we? :-) Oh yes, I forgot that it *was* a business trip after all! lol I decided not to post the shot of the underwear aisle...but hey, if anyone really wants to see it, let me know and I'll oblige! :->

And here's what a small scale Wal-Mart in India looks like (it's more like a convenience store):
On his Sunday off, Randy did the tourist bit and went to see the Taj Mahal. It was an all-day trip via bus, but it's one of those "must see" things in India. There was a physician on the tour who happened to wear a watch that had a thermometer on it...it was a blazing 112 degrees! Here are a few more photos from the trip:


When the tour bus stopped at the halfway point for lunch, Randy took a break from all the hustle and bustle with an elephant ride. :-)

Even though this shot isn't very clear (taken through a window), I love it. It shows that no matter where you go in the world, people are always happy to show off their children. Precious!

Last, one of my favs. Not sure how it will show up on the blog, but it's a reflection of the Taj Mahal in Randy's sunglasses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...